CBSE Co Curricular Activities
Department also involves in all school programs:
Activites by Music Department
- Workshop for Senior Secondary students on Indian Music
- Inter-house singing competition
- Inter-School singing Competition
- Participated in the national level Singing competition (Hindustani Music Fest)
- Performed in Vissa TV based on Classical music with name of Swaragalarchana
- Performed in All India Radio with the name of Sangeeta Vibhavari
Dance is a part of the curriculum like any other subject. Dance is not a hobby class but a compulsory subject where we teach body conditioning, techniques and flexibility of muscles through stretches. Apart from making them learn we also grade the students based on given parameters.
DPS Nacharam, Top CBSE Schools in Hyderabad, have specialized and professional faculties who are well trained in various genres like Latin styles, Street jazz, Hip-Hop, Kuchipudi, Kathak, contemporary, ballet, Folk, etc. The instructors are trained under the overseas and famous Bollywood Choreographers and have achieved laurels and performed both nationally and internationally.
Children are taught different dance styles like Indian Classical, Latin American Styles, Hip-Hop, Freestyle, Folk, etc. to make them aware of different dance forms and their systems.
Integrated learning – Creative learning of subject through dance.
E.g. Dance in a linear equation
- Mathematics dance on shapes
- Dance on forensic science
- Dance on genetics
- Dance on evolutions
Inculcating Culture and traditions through dance: –
E.g. Sankranti dance, Navratri, Christmas, etc.
Indo-Vietnam Cultural Exchange
Initiatives are taken to enhance the skills of the students of DPS Nacharam, Top CBSE Schools in Hyderabad.
- Workshop for Senior Secondary students on Jazz
- Inter-house dance competition
- Inter-School Dance Competition
- Hosted and participated in Inter – DPS DANCE Competitions
- External exposure of the hidden talents
- Participated in International Children’s Film Festival
- Participated in Indo Vietnam cultural exchange
- Participated in All Indian Dance Competition and won many prizes
- Participated in Silicon Andhra Kuchipudi dance Guinness World Record
- Performed aerobics fitness dance by 5000+ students in Guinness World Record
- Participated in Metro Rail HMR Competition where the competition was based on versatility (dance, music, and art)