- Welcome to DPS, Best Schools in Hyderabad, Primary Programme. An educational edifice stands tall and strong based on the strength of its foundation. Hence a school’s edifice rests on the fortitude of its grass root level- ‘The Primary School’.
- DPS – Primary comprising of classes III, IV & V is a hub of a multitude of creative and joyful activities and experiences which are learning modules and curriculum in disguise.
- The prime focus lies in identifying and trying to discover the innate potentialities of the child to have it further.
- Student-Led Conference has become synonymous with Primary school wherein students proudly showcase their cognition graph of the year skills and thus owing up to their learning in the true sense of the world.
- Equal importance is given to the development of sports and fitness as we at DPS, Best Schools in Hyderabad, believe in ‘catching them young’. We already have nurtured many a district, state and national level champions in yoga, skating, swimming, chess.
‘Catching them right’ is the philosophy behind the discipline Programme at primary school where ‘positive reinforcement’ modules like the star child, dine with the Teacher, Traffic Lights are the measurable tools to monitor values and discipline.
Skills are not inborn they are to be developed and we at DPS Nacharam, provide innumerable opportunities for puerile minds to hone their skills.
SPECIAL ASSEMBLIES: It gives a platform that enhances and develops communication skills among our children. The Assemblies are all theme based showcasing either values, festivals or academic concepts. This is a great way to also evolve their leadership skills.
Leadership skills are further reinforced by being a member of STUDENT COUNCIL, getting selected as CLASS MONITORS and also by being INCHARGE of a particular group.
INTERACTIVE CORNER: It gives a break to the students from the regular learning to energize their spirits. This corner has a lot of games like jigsaw puzzles, scrabbles, chess, etc. which boosts up the mental aptitude and out of the box thinking among the students.
A buddy Programme was initiated for the new students who joined the school in June. Every new student was given a buddy (an old student) to familiarize him or her about the class and school. Helpdesk for the new students by student council was set up on all the floor to support Programme.
Beat the Plastic
‘Give up Plastic’ A noble initiative taken up by Delhi Public School, Best Schools in Hyderabad. Students of class 5 and 6 have taken up this ongoing project where a group of 4-5 sections will make a sincere effort to give up one plastic item. Likewise, 4 commonly used plastic items like plastic spoons, plastic mugs, plastic tiffin boxes, plastic carry bags, and plastic pencil boxes are replaced by steel spoons, steel tiffin boxes, cloth or jute carry bags and pouches, etc. Special Assemblies are conducted to develop awareness among all the children. Slogans and Placards were used to create interest and develop repetitive expressions on the project.
Zero Food Wastage – Lunch Break Project
An innovative project was initiated for all students of V & VI to spread awareness about not wasting food. Food Ambassadors were appointed in every section to check that all the students have completed their lunch and there has been no food wastage in the lunch break.
Work Has No Gender
As part of Social Week celebrations, Class V & VI had special assemblies. The theme of Class V assembly was “Work Has No Gender”. The theme of Class VI assembly was “NO to Child Labour”.
Good Wishes Wall
Good wishes were inaugurated with students posting prayer messages for the Kerala flood victims. In the future, the Wall would be used for affirmation messages for their friends, family, society, and nation.
Rang Manch –Open Theatre
Rang Manch – An Open Theatre by the students of the Dramatics club was inaugurated to provide an informal platform for the budding theatre-loving students. The organizing committee of students prepare their scripts and plays and present them totally by themselves in the lunch break as a theatre show (on the lines of Nukkad Natak. The theatre was inaugurated with an awareness skit on breaking the gender bias titled “Work Has No Gender”. The show ran to packed audiences with students flocking to see this novel initiative after quickly completing their lunch.
Another new initiative wherein students who reached early to school take up the onus of welcoming their classmates to school using a smile, along with an interesting hand gesture like a high five or a Namaste or a handshake. Their other responsibilities also include monitoring students’ arrival and discipline in the classroom until all the children settle for the morning bell.
Poem In My Pocket Day
A unique Programme was conducted to instill the love of poetry in students. As part of this, every student has to carry their favorite poem in their pockets and share it with all their friends and teachers. Children of DPS Nacharam, Best Schools in Hyderabad, thoroughly enjoyed listening to a variety of poems on a single day. Many of the poems were written by the students themselves which pleased one and all.
The New Student – Our Class Plant
A new member of the classroom is always welcome. All the students get curious to know more about the member. But what if the new member is a green healthy plant?
Studies prove that a potted plant that is grown indoors in places like offices, residences are shown to have a positive psychological effect. This provoked the thought of adopting a plant by each class at 3,4, and 5 levels of Delhi Public School, Nacharam. Thus the new member was brought into each classroom. Curiosity piqued the students to learn more about it. They welcomed it with open arms. Under the guidance of their class teacher, the students carefully placed it in a safe place. Cards and posters were made to cheer their new member. The students gave names like Amigo, Blossom, Prakruthi and allotted a roll number and ID card to it in each class. Just as the students are taken out for outdoor activities, the plants are also taken out for their dose of sunshine and fresh air. Each student has decided to take turns to take care of it. It was found that when a child was lonely he went to his new friend and shared his feelings. The sight of this distinct member in the classroom has had an impact on the young minds. The sight of this elegant member has the power to bring an instant smile to everyone’s face. It would not only lift one’s spirit but also fill the mind with love and respect for nature.
– Likhita Makam –IV-M
DPS Nacharam launched a very unique and innovative initiative called the ‘Happiness Curriculum’ for classes III, IV, V. The objective behind this is to create ‘Happy Classrooms with Happy Children’ in turn a ‘Happy School’. The Curriculum has been designed with units catering to the various components and qualities which enable one to be happy with self and others around them.
As part of this Curriculum besides the lesson plans, every class and section has two Happiness Monitors whose core responsibility is to spread happiness and report any cases of the unhappiness of the class to their class teacher.
It was a proud moment when all these Happiness Monitors were inducted into this Programme. Principal Mrs. Sunitha Rao, honored these very special category monitors with badges asked these children to be the Happiness Ambassadors and not to limit themselves to only their class but take it with them wherever they go, to their family and friends too.
As part of this creative Programme, the Happiness Club was also launched. The Programme ended on a very ‘HAPPY’ note.
– Gayatri Raman
This, one of its kind and first-ever ‘Human Library’ events in DPS Nacharam was held for the students of class V as part of their Library Week. The objective behind it was to bring back the human touch and human interactions to the forefront as a powerful medium of gaining knowledge as against gaining knowledge in isolation through online and social media.
Eminent people from various fields were invited to the school. Despite their busy schedule, the dignitaries were willing to spend time with the young and curious learners. They were extended a warm welcome into the sprawling campus. After the formal introduction of the invitees to the Director Dr. T. Sudha, Principal Mrs. Sunitha Rao and HM Mrs. I. Sudha. They were escorted by the student council members to their respective venues to interact with the curious minds. The resource persons included scientists, educationists, IT experts, fashion designers, a women commercial pilot and a Major from the defense forces. The visit by the Principal Mrs. Sunitha Rao and the Academic Director Dr. T. Sudha to one of the classes as part of the Human Library was the icing on the cake. The resource persons introduced themselves and spoke about their work, their hobbies and motivated the students to become great citizens of their country. After the interactive session, the students thanked them for spending their valuable time with them. At the end of this innovative session, students were inspired and understood the fact that human beings themselves are a rich repository of knowledge that they can any time access to enriching their minds.
Report On Thanksgiving Assembly conducted on 23rd November 2017
On account of ‘The Thanksgiving Day’ that is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November every year, Delhi Public School came up with unique and wonderful ideas to celebrate it. A special Assembly for the bus drivers, bus attenders and housekeeping staff was conducted by the students of classes 3, 4 and 5 to honor and express their gratitude to them for transporting them from home to school and back safely every single day. The students expressed their deepest gratitude for the very valuable important part they play in the part of their learning. Students also made Thank You cards and handed them over to their bus drivers and attenders on their way back home that day.
In her speech Principal, Mrs. Sunitha Rao highlighted the major role played by this department to the growth of an institution.
The students of classes 6, 7, and 8 expressed their gratitude in a different way to another very vital department relating to the safety of school students. A group of young students along with the Principal Mrs. Sunitha Rao visited the Nacharam Police Station to personally thank the Traffic Police for their unrelentless service provided to the Society. The students also gave away the Thank You cards made by their class to the traffic personal. On this occasion, the Principal Mrs. Sunitha Rao highly applauded and thanked them for the service being rendered towards an orderly society. The students pledged their support in following all the traffic rules and work towards becoming a good law-abiding citizen.
All the activities would ensure a sense of gratitude and develop an attitude to thank the unsung heroes.
It is a unique concept developed by DPS Nacharam, Best Schools in Hyderabad, which helps in the smooth transition of one level to another. The learning outcomes of one level are judged as against the Minimum Levels of Learning (MLL) of the next higher level. A Bridge course is designed.
- A lot of emphases is put on augmenting the right VALUES from this young age.
- Saucha and Indriya Nigraha- Cleanliness in action, word, and thought. Children are taught to keep themselves, their rooms, their books and everything about them clean; also done as part of the project of SWACHCH BHARATH.
- Punctuality and Discipline; Politeness and showing respect to all are also inculcated in the children.
CELEBRATIONS: All Religious, National and Cultural festivals are Celebrated.
- Awareness and sensitization programmes have been thoughtfully planned and executed to develop feelings of empathy towards people.
- Students of Primary School and the members of DPS Chargers, Best Schools in Hyderabad – The Social Club have taken up multifarious activities to drive home a valuable point that ‘a small help’ goes a long way in spreading joy and happiness. As part of ‘Joy of Giving’ children contributed in the form of Rice, Dal & Sugar.
- To spread the secular message as well as service to mankind is services to God Philosophy-students have adopted a heritage Dargah at Moula Ali and visit it to clean its surroundings. All this helps to mold a ‘sensitized’ global citizen of the future.
- DPS Nacharam, Best Schools in Hyderabad, has welcomed ‘Internationalism’ into its fold in a big way, its ripple effects reaching all levels from K1 to K12. The school has been working on many a project of international dimensions like GCI, connecting classrooms. The International School Award, by the British Council, has seen the primary school living through the international experience.
- Coastal Marvels across the continents British Council Project saw collaborative learning becoming a reality in the primary school classrooms. Skype calls, e-mail exchanges, international guest speakers were the medium of exchanging this internationalism cutting across geographical boundaries and making the global village seem a reality.
- English language Skills enhancement has been the topmost priority at the primary level by developing a structured language development curriculum. Every week two periods are allotted for communication skills at the Primary level at DPS, Best Schools in Hyderabad. The 4 key areas of LSRW (Learning, Speaking, Reading and Writing) are intrinsically woven into the scholastic and co-scholastic curriculum.
- Student-Led Conference, Spell Bee, Editorial Board members, Elocution, News Reading Competition, Ingenious writing, Extempore, Phonetic drilling in English Language Lab are a few processes through which the English language skills are honed at the primary school.
- Soft skill development is a must in today’s competitive world to leave an indelible mark on people and to the world at large. Training in this ‘Core Skill’ starts young in a small way in the form of hands-on table manners, and personal etiquettes training in the real milieu, personality grooming and interpersonal skills development classes are embedded in the time table. Gregarious graces, habit formation are inculcated through special assemblies, and guest lectures.
- A day-long apprenticeship cum experiential Programme to destinations as per their hobby clubs was a unique experience at the primary level.
EXEMPLARY PERFORMANCE IN INTERSCHOOL COMPETITIONS:
- Our students have done extremely well at all Interschool competitions- viz. Udbhav, Naipunya, etc.
SUBJECT WISE WEEK ENHANCEMENT MODULE:
- Week Celebrations are organized to inculcate interest and to promote critical thinking amongst students for Academic and Co-curricular subjects. Special activities conducted during the week celebrations create a love for learning and enhances the CONFIDENCE level of the children.
- Children are taught Social Etiquettes during Manners Week
- DPS Nacharam, Best Schools in Hyderabad, conducts a plethora of competitions to bring out the obnubilated potential of every child. For eg: Mini chef, Dance, Music, Theme based Fancy dress, Carol Singing, Elocution/Recitation, Quiz, News reading, etc.
- As they say, bellwethers are not born, they have to be cultivated.
- This is authenticity at DPS-Primary School, Best Schools in Hyderabad, wherein leadership acumen is given opportunities to hone their leadership traits. The ever vibrant and effective Junior Student Council-an an elected body plays a crucial part in manning the discipline of students during the break times and dispersal.
Cubs and Bulbuls – the Junior Wing of Bharat Scouts and Guides is another venture at Primary School through which leadership is nurtured and nourished. A plethora of opportunities for decision-making, critical thinking is provided through events and assemblies.
A unique event named as human libraries was held as part of library week for Grade 5 students. Eminent personalities from various fields addressed the students simultaneously in all the sections. This event was held to give students a new perspective on learning not only from books and the internet but from their elders and highly knowledgeable persons. Leading by example the students were fortunate to learn from their dearest Principal Ma’am Mrs. Sunitha Rao and Academic Director Dr. T. Sudha as part of their Human Library Programme.
- Values are like the roots in a person’s life-defining his/her character and personality. Education without values is no education at all.
- Value predicated curriculum customized to the primary level is one of our greatest strengths. Values are percolated to all levels be it learning the shlokas inculcating personality grooming and cleanliness of mind body and soul in a child through every intervention value education classes, assemblies, value tree in the classroom to exposure to the less fortunate like visits to orphanages and old age homes has always been our endeavor.
- Care and Share week, Joy of Giving Week has also played a major role in inculcating these ethics in our students. Not to forget the value-predicated extension to the questions which avail in extracting the value edge from edification that feature in the assessment sheets.
- On 25th January, when the nation was gearing up to celebrate its 68th Republic Day, a group of the student council members of classes III-V from DPS Nacharam, Best Schools in Hyderabad, visited the Air Force Station Begumpet, Balanagar to pay tribute to the men and women who serve in the Armed Forces. The special assembly that was presented before the Air Force personnel had speeches, recitations, patriotic songs, and an informative interactive session, where the students were enlightened by the officers on several queries. It was a spirited performance filled with nationalistic fervor. The Programme left many in the audience misty-eyed. At the culmination of the Programme, the students were addressed by Group Captain Kunal Kala, Commanding Officer, Navigation Training School. This was followed by an exchange of mementos. The students of DPS Nacharam gifted a massive national flag colored by the thumbprints of 1700 students of grades III-V. It was received with heartfelt appreciation and joy. The students returned to school feeling enriched and inspired by this unique learning experience.
- On account of ‘The Thanksgiving Day’ that is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November every year, Delhi Public School came up with unique and wonderful ideas to celebrate it. A special Assembly for the bus drivers, bus attenders and housekeeping staff was conducted by the students of classes 3, 4 and 5 to honor and express their gratitude to them for transporting them from home to school and back safely every single day. The students expressed their deepest gratitude for the very valuable important part they play in the part of their learning. Students also made Thank You cards and handed them over to their bus drivers and attenders on their way back home that day.
- In her speech Principal of DPS Nacharam, Best Schools in Hyderabad, Mrs. Sunitha Rao highlighted the major role played by this department to the growth of an institution.