- The Government of India has setup the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) at NITI Aayog.
- Realizing the need to create scientific temper and cultivate the spirit of curiosity and
- Innovation among young minds, AIM proposes to support establishment of a network of Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL).
- NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India) is inviting applications from schools to establish Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) in 900+ schools across India.
- ATL is a work space where young minds can give shape to their ideas through hands on do-it-yourself mode and learn innovation skills. The vision is to “Cultivate 1 Million children in India as Neoteric1 Innovators (Neoteric means a person who advocates new ideas) ‟.
- Young children will get a chance to work with tools and equipment to understand the concepts of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- ATL would contain educational and learning ‘Do It Yourself’ kits and equipment on – science, electronics, robotics, open source microcontroller boards, sensors and 3D printers and computers.
- This would be a great opportunity for our school to give our students hands-on learning to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds.
- The objective of this scheme is to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds and inculcate skills such as design mind-set, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing etc. Young children (Classes 6-12) will get a chance to work with tools and equipment to understand what, how and why aspects of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- One-time establishment cost of Rs.10 lakh and operational expenses of Rs.10 lakh for a maximum period of 5 years to each ATL consumables, organizing popular science lecture series and other scientific activities, competitions and payment of honorariums to the faculty and mentors Involved.
- Mrs. Sunitha S Rao – Principal would supervise the overall functioning of ATL along with Mr.Kunal – Manager IT & ATL-In-Charge would communicate & coordinate with Faculty / Principal /Vendor for the necessary requirement and maintenance
Atal Tinkering Lab
Interactive Quiz for students