What is dance in DPS?
Dance is a part of the curriculum like any other subject. Dance is not a hobby class but a compulsory subject where we teach body conditioning, techniques and flexibility of muscles through stretches. Apart from making them learn we also grade the students on the basis of given parameters.
We have specialized and professional faculties who are well trained in various genres like Latin styles, Street jazz, Hip-Hop, Kuchipudi, Kathak, contemporary, ballet, Folk etc. The instructors are trained under the overseas and famous Bollywood Choreographers and have achieved a laurels and performed both nationally and internationally.
Children are taught different dance styles like Indian Classical, Latin American Styles, Hip-Hop, freestyle, Folks and etc. to make them aware of different dance forms and its systems.
Integrated learning – Creative learning of subject through dance.
E.g. Dance in linear equation
Mathematics dance on shapes
Dance on forensic science
Dance on genetics
Dance on evolutions
Inculcating Culture and traditions through dance:-
E.g. Sankranti dance, Navratri, Christmas etc.
Indo-Vietnam Cultural Exchange
Initiatives taken to enhance the skills of the students
- Workshop for Senior Secondary students on Jazz
- Inter-house dance competition
- Inter-School dance Competition
- Hosted and participated in Inter-DPS DANCE Competitions
- External exposure of the hidden talents
- Participated in International Children’s Film Festival
- Participated in Metro Rail HMR Competition where the competition was based on versatility (dance, music and art)
- Participated in Indo Vietnam cultural exchange
- Participated in All Indian Dance Competition and won many prizes
- Participated in Silicon Andhra Kuchipudi dance Guinness World Record
- Performed aerobics fitness dance by 5000+ students in Guinness World Record